Monday, April 26, 2010

1001 Albums To Hear Before I Die

Inspired by the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, I've started this blog in the hope that it will motivate me to become a better music buff by listening to and analyzing these well-known albums a little bit in order to get a little bit better at appreciating different music. Before embarking on this blog, the book led me to albums that I'd never have otherwise listened to, both for the good (Velvet Underground, The Darkness) and the not so good (Eminem and to some extent, Oasis). So I'll basically be posting for each album off the list that I listen to, in order and without interruption. Additionally, other albums I just feel like writing about, new and old, I may just post about when I feel like it. Hopefully, I'll get better at the writing about music thing as I go along, so it'll get a little bit better to take in. Wish me luck!


Current Progress before starting the blog (Alphabetical by album):
1. Back In Black--AC/DC
2. The Bends--Radiohead
3. Cee-Lo Green...Is The Soul Machine--Cee-Lo
4. Pink Floyd--The Dark Side of the Moon
5. Franz Ferdinand--Franz Ferdinand
6. Graceland--Paul Simon
7. Hail To The Thief--Radiohead
8. Heavy Weather--Weather Report
9. Highly Evolved--The Vines
10. Hot Fuss--The Killers
11. Homework--Daft Punk
12. The Marshall Mathers LP--Eminem
13. Permission To Land--The Darkness
14. The Pleasure Principle--Gary Numan
15. Regatta de Blanc--The Police
16. Specials--The Specials
17. Synchronicity--The Police
18. Ten--Pearl Jam
19. Tommy--The Who
20. The Velvet Underground and Nico--The Velvet Underground
21. (What's The Story) Morning Glory--Oasis

No comments:

Post a Comment